Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Girls Rockin Weekend 2013 - Part 1

For our annual girls weekend, we decided to go to San Diego this year. I've been home a whole week, and I am finally blogging about it! I was waiting for some pictures from the other girls, but I can't wait any longer. Some of these pictures are mine, but most are Carrie's. Thanks, Carrie!

We all flew into San Diego mid morning on Thursday. There was a wicked snow storm coming into my area, but it held off long enough for me to get out of there. Thank goodness!

We went to La Jolla Cove first and had lunch there.
It was a cold and cloudy day, but it was still beautiful. 


I think we could have watched the seals all day.


By 4pm we were finally able to get into the house.
We loved it!

This is the little family room. Cozy.

The stained glass window was cool.

I got the big bed. Lucky me! 
(it was actually not that great)

Carrie had the surfboard room with the futon (but ended up sleeping on the couch)
Chesney and Jennifer took the room with the two twin beds.
It was perfect! And we got such a good deal. Way better than a hotel.

We had originally planned on going to the temple that evening, but we were all too tired. We went to bed at 9pm! We went to the temple on Friday morning all bright eyed and bushy tailed.

It was awesome. If you ever go there, be sure to go up to the top floor 
to see the atrium. You can see the angel Moroni from there. And the
brides room was like a little princess room. What a gorgeous temple!

It was raining here and there, and the sun was coming out here and there.


We went to Old Town San Diego next and had lunch at a mexican restaurant.
Then we went to the Mormon Battalion Historic Site.

I loved these purple flowers everywhere.

We look so silly. It was fun though! I want to bring my family back there.

I think we got pedicures next. Always fun.
Whose toes are whose? hahaha

That night we took a tour of the Whaley House which they say is haunted.

I think all of us enjoyed the tour and learning about the family that lived there. Some very tragic stories though!




We went to see Safe Haven that night and ate lots of popcorn. It was a good movie! Did we eat dinner? I can't remember. I do remember a late night McDonald's run. haha.

Stay tuned for the other half . . . 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so fun reading this and looking at all the pictures. for every one it's like, "oh, that was so much fun!" or "oh I loved that!"

that couch was pretty darn comfy! and i LOVED the san diego temple! i feel like we got a private tour!

Chesney said...

I tell everyone we got a private tour! Now they want to go too! Great first time visit to Cali!

Summer Life in New Delhi

We returned to India at the height of monsoon season, and the city was greener  than green! Which is nice after being in super dry Calif...